I work at a hospital cafeteria and one of our menus of the day was the infamous Potato bar. I never craved for bake potato till yesterday. Rather than purchasing it at work, why not make it at home. One of my staple ingredients is potato and rice. I called my husband as soon as possible to buy the toppings that I need.
Anyways, I will be the exploring the bake potato craze. I will make a series of dishes dedicated to this dish. I will try different toppings or flavorings or incorporating dishes that will definitely work together with the bake potato. I look forward to the possibilities.
First off, I love bacon and onions and its a great combination for a bland potato. So here is the recipe all of us are familiar with.
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Bacon, chopped
- ½ Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheese
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Wrap Potato in tin foil and bake for 45 minutes
- While potato is baking, prepare other ingredients.
- After 45 minutes, poke knife or toothpick to check if its cooked all the way through. Leave foil open this time and place it back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull potato out and slice middle.
- Add butter, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Lastly, Sprinkle bacon and onions